Pediatric NephrologyFor further information, please e-mail Dedie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rotation Title: Nephrology
Faculty: William Allen, MD
Location: Driscoll Children's Hospital - Driscoll Kidney Center
Duration: Minimum - 2 weeks; Maximum - 4 weeks
Number of Students: One
When Offered: All Year
Rotation Hours: Hours contingent upon physician's schedule
Prerequisite(s): 4th Year Status
Goals-The faculty will strive to:
- Provide an environment conducive to learning
- Offer a logical approach to the most common pediatric nephrology, fluid and electrolyte problems.
- Provide guidance for the student to find appropriate literature pertaining to the patients followed by the service.
- Morning Report - Monday through Friday; 7:30 am
- Noon Lecture - Monday through Thursday; 12pm - 1pm
- Grand Rounds - Fridays; 12:30
- Daily Rounds with Nephrologists
- Nephrology Team Meeting -Friday; 9:00 am
- Nephrology conference 1:00 Friday
- Nephrology Clinic 4 days a week
- Dialysis Unit rounds weekly
- Answer Nephrology consults with Residents and Staff.
- Attend procedures; renal biopsy and acute dialysis.
- Driscoll Children's Hospital Medical Library
- Driscoll Kidney Center and Dialysis Unit.
- Selected Nephrology Articles
- Clinical evaluation form (100%) to be completed by the physician preceptor with whom the student has worked.
- Course and Faculty evaluation required upon completion of rotation.
- Daily supervision and feedback based on day's activities.
For Medical Student Program information please email: Dedie Rosales, Medical Student Coordinator at Dedie.email@example.com
For TTY Deaf Messaging Connect to TTY Interpretation by dialing