Day SurgeryThe Day Surgery unit at Driscoll Children's Hospital is fully equipped to manage all forms of day surgery cases, including:
- General pediatric surgery
- Plastic surgery
Day surgery is the entry point for surgical patients who are expected to go home the same day, 23 hour admits, and surgical admissions who will require extended hospitalization. Day Surgery is designed for the convenience of our physicians, and the care and comfort of the patients and families.
Services provided are:
- Packets to the physician's offices upon request. Packets include brief history and physical forms, instruction forms and information for the patient concerning their upcoming hospital stay.
- Pre-op visits and phone calls - visits at the convenience of the patient. Calls are made to any family unable to come for visits.
- Complete staff of Registered Nurses who are PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certified.
Private, as well as semi-private patient rooms are available, and all rooms have TV/VCRs for educational programming.
- Three comfortable waiting areas are provided, complete with activities and games for those waiting.
- A post-operative call is made to follow-up on instructions given the first working day after a patient visit.