Clowns Who Care
The Clowns Who Care are comprised of more than 30 select women from our community who dedicate their time to helping others.
They are known and recognized both nationally and locally for their tireless and compassionate efforts for the children of Driscoll Children's Hospital. These wonderful women have volunteered more than 15,000 hours since they began clowning in 1997 at Driscoll Children's Hospital, bringing smiles to faces of the patients, parents and staff. Local businesses have sponsored the toy giveaways to the patients.
You may have seen the Clowns Who Care in an issue of Family Circle magazine, on CBS's The Early Show, in the Caller-Times or on any local news station. The Clowns Who Care have also received a proclamation from the Mayor of Corpus Christi. Driscoll Children's Hospital has been fortunate to have this amazing group of ladies as part of the Auxiliary for more than 17 years and counting. There is no clowning around when it comes to these women with the big shoes!
For information and suggestions on starting a Clowns Who Care group in your area, contact:
Mary Anne Sinclair, "Mz Glamure"
P.O. Box 22
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
Clown's Who Care Photo Slideshow
[gallery columns="4" ids="7952,7951,7950,7949,7948,7947,7946,7945,7944,7943,7942,7941"]
Members of Clowns Who Care are:
- Alka Ahuja, “Indian Princess
- Mrsai Bass, "Hippie Bee Bop"
- Ashley Cocke, “Bubbles the Funny Bunny”
- Michelle Braselton, “Twinkles”
- Mary Campbell, “Miss Fishy”
- Linda Early, "Dr. Feel Good"
- Tracy Fraiche, “Giddy the Geisha”
- Deanne Galvan, “ Miz Demeanor”
- Kelly Gilmore, “Awesome Blossom”
- Nancy Harwell, "Monkey Muffin"
- Keely A. Hunsaker, “Tricksee”
- Jill Jacobs, “Quirky Queen of Hearts”
- Iris Lehrman, "Miz Astor Disastor"
- Catherine F. Lutz, “Peekaboo”
- Bridget McKeever, "Ya Ya Doodle Dandy"
- Kimberly Oshman, "Cleocatra"
- Beth Owens, “Penelope the Pirate”
- Laurie Plant, "Princess Tina the Ballerina"
- Kari Rhodes, “Twinkle Bell”
- Mary Lynn Rhodes, "Cappy"
- Janice Roberts, "Oopsy Daisy"
- Phyllis Roseman, "Miss Adventure"
- Mary Anne Sinclair, "Miz. Glamure"
- Stephanie Waterman, "Miz Glitzy"
- Erin Wilder, “Mz Beehaven”