Other Ways to Support Us
Thank you for your interest in helping the patients and families at Driscoll Children’s Hospital.
Donating Presents for Patients
Your gifts make every day brighter for the patients at Driscoll Children’s Hospital.
All gift items donated to Driscoll Children’s Hospital for distribution to patients must be new.
To help spread smiles and joy, please visit Presents for Patients for guidelines, restrictions and suggestions.
Gently used items can be donated to The Cottage Shop, Monday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Proceeds benefit the Auxiliary to Driscoll Children’s Hospital.
Donate Items Online
You can also donate items online by purchasing items on the Stripes Child Life Program at Driscoll Children’s Hospital Amazon Wishlist.
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Driscoll. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same Amazon Prime benefits.
DCH Ambassador Family Program
When patients and families come to Driscoll Children’s Hospital for help, they are met with the same compassion, spirit, and generosity with which Clara Driscoll blessed our community when she founded the hospital 70 years ago. We believe that nothing is more precious than our children and we promise that every child that enters the doors of the hospital is cherished and loved. The DCH Ambassador Families Program was designed to share that promise with the community and bring awareness to the lifesaving work being done at Driscoll. As an Ambassador Family, you may be asked to attend and speak at various fundraising events throughout the year as a Driscoll Children’s Hospital representative. You will help us promote our mission of being devoted to expert care, education, outreach, and advocacy and, ultimately help us raise critical funds that support the patients and families of Driscoll.
Ways You or Your Group Can Help
- Host a toy/book drive
- Create Get Well Cards
- No glitter
- No religious undertones
- Surgical Caps for Kids
- Crochet Octopus Program
- Crochet an octopus for NICU babies
- Instructions/pattern for crochet octopus
- Make Blankets for our Patients
- Soft fabric hand-tied blankets
- Instructions/pattern for fleece blankets
- Pillow Cases
Family Resource Center
- Purchase a meal card for a family
- $25 per day. Call The Family Connection at 361-694-5058 Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. to complete your purchase. You can donate a meal card to someone you know or to a family in need. Cards are dispersed Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Donate funds for an overnight stay in the Driscoll Guest Rooms for an out of town family whose child is in ICU
- Call The Family Connection at 361-694-5058 Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. to complete your purchase. You can donate a night for someone you know or to a family in need.
- Donate gas cards
- Nearby gas vendors include HEB and Stripes
- Donate food items to The Family Pantry
- Located in The Family Connection Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Items we can accept:
- Microwaveable single serve lunches or dinners that can be stored on a shelf
- Single serve bags of chips, snacks, cookies
- Single serve breakfast items such as pop tarts, muffins, breakfast bars, granola bars, etc.
- Donate gift cards to help families purchase food, supplies, or medications to The Family Pantry
- Located in The Family Connection Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m
- Items we can accept:
- Gift cards to HEB
- Gift cards to Wal-Mart
- Gift cards to Walgreens
How to Deliver Items
Call Volunteer Services at 361-694-5011 to speak to a Volunteer Coordinator for approval and to set an appointment to deliver your items.
Rio Grande Valley
Donors in the Rio Grande Valley should call 361-694-5011 to schedule an appointment in Brownsville or McAllen.
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your contact information, the item you are donating and the date and time you would like to deliver your donation.
Due to privacy, safety and infection control policies, gifts are distributed by Driscoll Children’s Hospital volunteers.