Audiologists at Driscoll Children's Hospital are healthcare professionals who provide care to children from prematurity to age 21. The Audiology team conducts diagnostic testing to determine a child's ability to hear and process what they hear.
Evaluation and treatment services include:
- Behavioral audiometry (conventional audiometry, visual reinforcement audiometry and conditioned play audiometry)
- Auditory processing disorder evaluations
- Custom ear/swim molds
- Auditory brainstem response testing
- Otoacoustic emissions testing
- Impedance/immittance tympanometry
- Newborn hearing screening
- Amplifications selection, fitting and dispensing (air conduction hearing aid and bone conduction hearing devices)
- Assistive listening devices
- Cochlear implant evaluation, activation and programming
From January 2020 to December 2020, Audiology provided care to 1,179 patients from a variety of backgrounds.
Patient Home Counties