Driscoll Children’s Hospital is a 191-bed pediatric tertiary care center with more than 30 medical and surgical specialties offering care throughout South Texas, including Corpus Christi, the Rio Grande Valley, Victoria, and Laredo. Through the vision and generosity of its founder, Clara Driscoll, Driscoll Children’s Hospital opened in 1953, becoming the first, and remains the only, free-standing children’s hospital in South Texas. In 2020, Driscoll had almost 122,000 patient visits, including almost 28,000 patients seen at South Texas’ first emergency room created exclusively for children.
Learn more about Driscoll Children’s Hospital’s medical specialties, services and family friendly approach to health care.
The principles and priorities that Driscoll values are at the core of who we are and what we provide to the children of South Texas.
Driscoll Children’s Hospital’s rich and unique heritage began as a vision of a South Texas cattlewoman. Read about the beginnings of an extraordinary gift to South Texas.
Meet the members of Driscoll Children’s Hospital Board of Directors and Development Foundation Board.
Meet the Driscoll Children’s Hospital Executive Senior Leadership Team.
A look at the Ethics and Compliance Program and its goals at Driscoll Children’s Hospital.
Notice to patients regarding destruction of medical records.
Driscoll Children’s Hospital has some of the most knowledgeable pediatric physicians and healthcare providers you’ll find anywhere, and we’re excited to share our wealth of knowledge with our community.
Other Facts About Driscoll Children’s Hospital (2020):
- Serving 31 counties and 33,000 square miles of South Texas
- 298 doctors on Medical Staff in more than 30 pediatric medical and surgical specialties
- Approximately 2,600 employees and 260 volunteers
- 7th largest employer in Corpus Christi
- 22-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit with 10 dedicated cardiac beds
- 67-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- 8 surgical suites
- Comprehensive Surgical Services including general surgery, cardiovascular, orthopedic and neuro
- Pediatric subspecialty centers located in Harlingen, Laredo, McAllen, Brownsville and Victoria
- Pediatric Cardiology clinics
- Child Abuse Resource and Evaluation Team
- Texas A&M University Affiliation (affiliated with 34 colleges & universities across Texas and the United States)
- Accredited with The Joint Commission (TJC)
- 5,387 Admissions in 2020
- More than 28,000 Emergency Room visits