Speech-Language Pathology (SLP or ST)
Speech language pathologists at Driscoll Children's Hospital are healthcare professionals who provide care to children from prematurity to age 21. Speech-language pathology helps patients improve speech, language, voice, feeding and swallowing problems.
Evaluation and treatment services include:
- Communication Skills
- Pre-linguistic/cognitive skills
- Speech and language development disorders
- Fluency disorders
- Voice disorders
- Augmentative/alternative communication
- Feeding/swallowing disorders
- Instrumental assessment of voice and feeding/swallowing
- Oral motor development
- Vital Stimulation Therapy
From January 2020 to December 2020, Speech Therapy provided care to 780 patients from a variety of backgrounds.