Our geneticist specializes in childhood genetic diseases, providing expert evaluation for children with growth or learning differences, developmental disabilities, syndromes, and moderate metabolic disorders. This also extends to reproductive medicine in conjunction with Driscoll’s maternal fetal medicine specialists. Our comprehensive genetic evaluation process includes a thorough assessment of medical and family history, a physical examination, a review of laboratory results, and in-depth discussions about available genetic testing options.
Patients can be seen for clinical genetic, developmental, and to some extent metabolic evaluation at Driscoll Children’s Hospital or outreach clinics in Victoria, Brownsville, Harlingen, McAllen or Laredo.
- Clinical evaluation and comprehensive diagnostic services for genetic conditions
- Genetic risk assessment for individuals and families
- Genetic counseling resources and psychosocial support
- Facilitation of ordering, consent and interpretation for genetic tests
- Coordination of care with other medical specialists and genetic testing laboratories
- Genetic diagnostic evaluations for children with developmental delays, autism spectrum disorders, chromosomal abnormalities or a family history of a genetic disorder
- Inpatient and outpatient evaluations for infants, children or adolescents with multiple congenital anomalies or a suspected genetic syndrome, including:
- Neurofibromatosis type
- Cleft lip and/or cleft palate
- Chromosome abnormalities
- Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome