CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) – Information to our Customers and Donors
- Store Hours: Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Any person over age 2 entering the Cottage Shop must be wearing a mask and must practice social distancing.
- Children under 2 years of age are not required to wear a mask.
- Accepting Donations: Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Please call 361.694.4798 for more information.
- Items need to be recently cleaned and placed in a bag, box or container.
- Please note bags, boxes or containers will not be returned.
The Cottage Shop – your neighborhood thrift shop
Owned and operated by the Auxiliary to Driscoll Children’s Hospital.
The Cottage Shop has been open since 1996. It began with 10 volunteers in a portable building behind the Rehabilitation building. Today, the Cottage Shop is in a 1,800 square-foot building purchased by the Auxiliary and donated to the hospital. With more than 40 volunteers, the shop is very popular with both the hospital staff and the community. Not only has the Cottage Shop raised more than $800,000 for the Auxiliary, it has also helped to provide thousands of items at no cost to the patients and families at Driscoll who are in need (partnered with the Social Work Department).
The Cottage Shop is located on the grounds of Driscoll Children’s Hospital at 3533 S. Alameda Street in Corpus Christi.
Shop Hours: Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Accepting donations: Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
We are always in need of gently used or new:
- Current styles of clothing and shoes for the whole family
- Household items
- Complete games and toys
- Books new and used
- Linens for bed, kitchen, table, and bath
- Jewelry and accessories
- Small working appliances and electronics
- Small wooden furniture
We appreciate all donations. However, we cannot accept:
- Construction materials
- Large appliances
- Used car seats
- Used computers and parts
- Large or upholstered furniture
- Damaged goods
Many local merchants contribute to the Cottage Shop regularly, so a nice selection of new items as well as “nearly new items” is always available. All proceeds from Cottage Shop sales benefit the patients and families of Driscoll Children’s Hospital.