Children’s Surgical Services aspires to provide the highest quality of care to neonates, infants, children and adolescents born with or who develop a multitude of conditions of the respiratory, digestive, urinary, excretory and auditory systems. Our subspecialties include renal transplant, general surgery, bariatrics, urology and trauma.
Our physicians work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of pediatricians, neonatologists, anesthesiologists, intensivists and nurses to provide conventional and non-conventional management for several conditions including gastroschesis, obesity and omphaloceles with excellent outcomes. Where conventional treatments are not available, our team has developed novel and innovative management approaches with excellent outcomes.
Our physicians understand fast recovery, low post-op hospitalization time and low pain are essential for the psychological, physiological and overall wellbeing of the child. Hence, we thrive to employ the least invasive management technique including laparoscopy, thoracoscopy and endoscopy, where possible. To further improve the care we provide, we continue to research favorable management approaches for various conditions.
- Bariatric surgery
- Obesity/morbid obesity/lapbands
- General surgery
- Bilary atresia or jaundice
- Choledochal cyst
- Congenital anomalies (birth defects)
- Crohn's disease/ulcerative colitis (IBD)
- Dermoid cyst
- Fistula-in-ano (anal infection or abscess)
- Gallstones/gallbladder disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Groin or umbilical hernia
- Imperforate anus
- Intestinal obstruction/intussusception/duodenal atresia
- ITP/hereditary spherocytosis
- Lymphangioma (cystic hygroma)
- Malrotation of intestines
- Mesenteric/duplication cyst
- Necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC)
- Ovarian cyst or tumor
- Pancreatic cyst
- Pilonidal cyst/sinus/abscess
- Pyloric stenosis
- Sacrococcygeal teratoma
- Thyroid disease
- Renal transplant
- Procedures as needed
- Chronic constipation
- Neurogenic bladder
- Testicular torsion
- Ureteral re-implantation
- Wilms' tumor/multicystic nephroma
This is not a complete list and we encourage you to call our offices for the profile of our team as well as with any question on additional services we provide.
Visit all your child's specialists in one trip to Driscoll Children's Hospital!
For your convenience, please ask any of our specialty clinics to coordinate all of your child's appointments in one day.
You can contact us at (361) 694-5000 or call your specialty clinic directly for further assistance.