A Network of Support
Creating the best environments for healing can take an extra helping hand or clinical intervention. Our Social Work services can connect you with counseling, caretaking support, planning and more.
Our dedicated staff of licensed social workers is here to assist as needed. Based on the assessed needs of children and families, social workers may intervene using a few clinical strategies, including:
- Crisis intervention
- Resource counseling and referral to community-based services
- Grief and bereavement counseling
- Case management
- Discharge planning
- Child protection assessment and referral/safety and risk assessment
- Advocacy (individual and systemic to influence policy/programs)
- Transitional planning and coordination of adult patients with pediatric conditions
Our staff is familiar with community resources throughout our geographic area and works to link families with helpful services following discharge from the hospital. Social Work services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure that urgent and emergent psychosocial assistance is available to patients, families and the healthcare team.
Rio Grande Valley Area Resources
More Information Coming Soon
For TTY Deaf Messaging, connect to TTY Interpretation by dialing (800) 735-2989.